Saturday, May 14, 2011

Livin' La KOA

We left the Elk City/Clinton, OK KOA this morning about 9:00 am. Our first stop for gas was $3.84/gallon. It was really windy and cold. Then the next stop was $3.87. Later as we stopped, I said the price was $3.84. Charlie said “$3.84!” We’re already getting spoiled, paying less than $4.00/gallon!

We stopped for gas just before coming to this KOA tonight. It was $3.79/gallon.

We are in Morrilton, Arkansas tonight. It is a KOA Kampground. When we first got here, we weren’t so sure about it. It looked like a regular trailer park. When we got to the office, it was closed. The sign said they’d be back at 3:30pm and it was 3:15. We waited and then were able to register.

We were told to park anywhere in the back row. When we drove back, we noticed that all but two or three spaces were taken. They looked like long term campers to us. We parked and hooked up.

It was very quiet. We decided last night that we would just relax when we first stopped for the night instead of starting dinner, feeding everyone, etc. We all need to decompress from the day. It worked out fine. The cats all crashed, Sheila went to the bedroom and went to sleep by the bed. Charlie got a beer and I got a glass of wine. We sat and talked and watched as the neighbors came home from work.

The guy next to us came home. Then as we sat there, a friend came over with a six pack of beer and went inside. A few minutes later, both left, with the beer. We figured they got a call or something, “Hey, come over, bring beer”, I don’t know. Go figure.

We finally fed the cats and Sheila, I made dinner. Then I went to take a shower. I came back and Charlie went to get his shower.

I turned on the hot water and while I waited for it to heat, I checked my email. No sooner had I sat down than Jonesie got up on the sink, stepped on the board near the sink which had a lit candle jar on it. It fell and splashed hot candle wax everywhere! I checked to see if Jonesie was okay and he looked fine, not even scared.

I started cleaning up the cooling wax. Charlie came in about that time. I said “We had a near catastrophe here!” and I told him what happened. We both worked on it. He looked at Jonesie again. Jonesie’s ear had some wax on it. I was able to scrape it off and it didn’t seen to have burned him or bothered him.

We cleaned a little while and then Charlie said “Why don’t you take a break and have some wine? I’ll work on this”. He did work on it and said “I declare that your sink and stove are clear of wax.”

We’ll keep an eye on Jonesie’s “ear wax”. He’s asleep on the couch right now and I think he’s fine. Jason is relaxing and Kaci is getting some water.

It’s a quiet Friday night, so far, in the trailer park.

More later…………

2 comments: