Monday, October 18, 2010

We're Upside Down

Ellie May Bell aka L.E. Maybell

In our crazy house of cats and a dog, we talk for all of them and they all have a “personality” that may not really be them, but in our minds, that is what they are like.

Taz was a very shy boy. But, we built him up to be bigger than life. He “talked” all the time. When Charlie forgot to do something, Taz would “say”, “Dad screwed up...again!” It always had to be ‘again’. Then Charlie would play along and say “Yes, I did.” I could get away with telling him he ‘screwed up’ if Taz said it.

Charlie and Taz had a little game they’d play. Taz would say “Dad, don’t forget” and Charlie would always say “Forget what, Taz?”. Then Taz would get all excited and say “You already forgot!”, and no matter how many times we’d do that, it was always the same. We’d just laugh and laugh. Like I said before, Taz was a little person to us and we miss his constant chatter.

But, he got the chattering honestly. When I was a little girl my mom said I was constantly talking like a little Magpie. Like Taz, I talked about nothing.

My mom liked to tell the story of the time I was sitting on my granny’s lap at the kitchen table. I was chattering to granny. I told her that “When I get ‘m’ed’ (married), I’m going to have 6 ‘childen’”.

Then one of my younger brothers came up and wanted granny to tie his shoe. When he left I continued my constant chatter. “When I get ‘m’ed’, I’m going to have 4 ‘childen’.

A little while later the other brother came up and asked granny to tie his shoe. When he left, I said “When I get m’ed (married), I’m not going to have any ‘childen’. Then I’ll just have only my own shoes to tie!”

In our make believe cat family structure, Taz took control of us all. He ran the house. He had “money” socked away. The other cats all paid him to live here. He let us live here! He was always trying to think of ways to put the cats to work to bring in more money. He sent away to buy degrees if he thought it would make him sound smarter in front of the other cats. He would gather them all in a circle and tell them things that he made up. They believed every word of it. They didn’t call him “Taz”, they referred to him as “The Baby” and what “The Baby” said was gospel.

Ellie May Bell is our little tuxedo cat. She’s black and white. When she was a kitten, she was fearless. When she was about 6 weeks old, she was the first kitten who escaped the kitten pen. She zeroed in on Charlie, climbed a 4 ft. fence to get out and run across the room to get to him. Nothing could stop her. We have a tape of it. Since Ellie is black, I named her after “Elvira”, princess of darkness. Today we saw a picture of “Elvira” in her black witch costume and it reminded me.

Ellie’s professional name is “L.E. Maybell”. She “worked” directly for “The Baby” as a secretary, taking care of Taz’s financial affairs. He gave her a little stipend to buy her little white tights when she needed them. At first he would let her take a taxi on Wednesdays to do her shopping. But, Ellie being the agressive little cat that she is, was soon driving the cab every week. We always thought that Ellie was skimming off the top, but we never could prove it. And since Taz was so tight, we didn’t worry about it. We know she was smart enough though.

With Taz gone, we’re all floundering about. The house is quiet compared to when he was here. I think he did most of the talking! He was in control and we haven’t recovered yet.

It will take a little time until another theme appears that we can entertain ourselves with. We’re trying to make something out of the Twins, but Jason is so layed back, he won’t be able to run the house like Taz did.

“Little Girl”, Kaci, has shown signs of not liking the other ‘girls’ in the house. The other day she attacked Jezibel on the bed. I was surprised that she would do that. Of course, she is her dad’s girl and when I told him about it, he looked at me like I was telling stories on his “Little Girl” .........”I can’t believe she’d do that!” Well, she did.

Jason has always liked to chase Jezibel through the house. Jezibel runs and hisses and growls and spits and it just turns Jason on. Of course, if Jezibel would just ignore Jason, he would leave her alone. Jason is a young rascal and he does not want any responsibility right now. He wants a Facebook account, but we’re afraid to let him have one. We’d have the police helicopters circling our house. Crazy, huh.

So for now, the twins still go around the house looking for each other. Kaci says “Where’s my brother?” And Jason says “Where’s my sister?” Even if they are in the same room, they are always looking for each other and they are never far apart."Little Girl" Kaci (top) and Jason


Taz in the RV reminding Dad
"Don't forget!"


More later...........






1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'll bet that Taz gave all his broyhers and sister instructions as to how they are to act now, and I'm sure they will get to it soon,as they seemed to have known who was boss. Hang in there, You are doing good.

    ReplyDelete