Monday, October 4, 2010

On second thought..........




Taz laid low all weekend. Our weather here has matched our moods. It's overcast almost all day long, misty in the morning and sometimes the sun comes out for a short time in the afternoon, just to be squelched by dark clouds. This morning was dark and dreary again. I took Sheila out for our morning walk and it was misting, but not really cold.

Yesterday Taz stayed in the cat tree most of the day. Didn't show interest in anything. I managed to get enough food in him so that he wouldn't have to take his Prednisolone on an empty stomach.

But, we didn't see any change all day and then last night we decided that today we would arrange to bring him in to VSH because at this point his quality of life seemed compromised. The experts say that when your pet doesn't respond to your affection, only walks to the food dish, to drink, or to the litter box, and has stopped eating, then euthanasia may be the next step. We didn't want any more days like yesterday for him or us. So we went to bed knowing what was going to happen today.

But, then, this morning he was on the foot of the bed. I patted my chest and he came up. That's something he wouldn't do all weekend. He nibbled a little dry food that I keep on the bedside for him. He licked a little wet food later when I fed the other cats. When Ellie and Jason were having a little "disagreement" at the top of the stairs, I went up to break it up. When I turned around, there was Taz. He was showing curiosity. He came in my bathroom with me and walked into my shower to look around. When Charlie and I were in the family room having coffee, he was there lying on the foot stool. Even though it may just be a "rally" at the end, we are going to enjoy another day with him if we can.

Charlie did call VSH and got the information we'll need when the time comes.

1 comment:

  1. You and Charlie are awesome parents! Taz has been a very lucky fellow.

    ReplyDelete