Saturday, December 24, 2011

The little furry buggers are just deep, deep wells you throw all your emotions into--Bruce Schimmel

Spice......AKA Dot to us
The lady, Cynthia, who we met at the vet’s office last Wednesday, called us on Thursday and wanted to come over to meet the white kittens, Dot and Dash.

She came, she saw, and she took Dot home with her.  It was heartbreaking to see Dot go, but from the beginning I knew that that was the plan one day....find homes for Kiki and her kittens.  I'm a terrible foster mom.  They should all belong to me!

I thought about Dot during the night and wondered how she was doing in her new surroundings, without her sisters and us.  She’s been with us since the first part of October, so we are really the only home she’s had.

Cynthia called us yesterday morning to report on her new kitten.  “Dot” is now “Spice”, to go along with Cynthia’s other cat, “Cynnamon”.

“Spice” made it through the night with no dramatic events.  Cynthia said she felt good about having “Spice” added to her family.  We told her to be sure and let us know from time to time, how Spice was doing. 

I plan on calling Cynthia next week to follow up and I hope it works out.  Spice has to go back to the vet next week to have her sutures out.  Cynthia said she would make sure it was done.

Maybe we should change Dash’s name to “Sugar” so she will be one of the Spice girls.

In another week or so, we will be hearing from Sarah, the lady who wants to adopt Cody.  That is one that will be hard to let go of.  Charlie and I both became attached to Kiki and all of her kittens, but Cody especially pulls at our heart strings and we’ll miss her.  I think Sarah will keep the name Cody for her.

We took Sheila for a walk yesterday.  I haven’t been taking her out much by myself because of my muscle injury.  When Charlie put the harness on Sheila, he said it was getting tight around her.  She’s probably putting on weight, like the rest of us.  We’ll all have to start getting out and walking more next year.

More later................

No comments:

Post a Comment