Sunday, January 1, 2012

You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, “My God, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!”–Dave Barry

Cynthia called the other day to give us another update on Spice (aka Dot).  Her other cat, Cynnamon, and Spice are getting along well.  Cynthia said she is very happy that she adopted Spice.  Of course, we were glad to hear that and I hope it continues to work out.



Kiki

Kiki is also doing fine in her new home.  Karen’s brother in law was a little disappointed that Kiki didn’t want to “mother” his kitten, Chino.  He thought that since Kiki had kittens, she would just move in with Chino and adopt him as her own.  When that didn’t happen, he thought something was wrong and was about to decide to return Kiki.  But, after some “counseling” from Karen and Greg, he decided to give her some more time.

Kiki and Chino are not fighting, but Kiki is ignoring Chino.  I would be happy with that.  Our cats have been together for years and still can’t ignore each other.  They’d rather fight.  Some people don’t know when they are well off.

Cody
Sarah, the lady who originally was going to take the tabby, Cody, sent me a message the other night.  She has decided that she is unable to have Cody now.  I told her that I understood, and I do.  Sarah just had knee surgery and I don’t know what her work prospects are.  She had been working as a security guard at night.  I’m not sure she is still employed.  Although she told me she was married with two kids, I’m not sure what her personal life is like either.  A kitten is just another responsibility. 

Sheila in her "training bra"
We took Sheila out yesterday.  It had been a week since we were out with her.  On Christmas night, she woke us up every two hours, wanting to go outside.  We thought there must be an animal in the yard.  After the third trip outside for her, she still wouldn’t settle down.  We scolded her and told her to lie down.  Then we thought we’d better go out with her again just to make sure nothing was there.  I could picture getting up the next morning and finding that someone had broken into our cars or into our backyard during the night.  Charlie went outside with the flashlight and found nothing.  Sheila settled in for the rest of the night.

The next morning when we let Sheila out, we could see that she had been desperate to go outside because her stomach was giving her problems.  She had diahearrea.  I’m not sure what caused it. After a couple of days, Charlie took her to the vet. 

He sent me a text saying “Sheila needs to eat chicken and rice”.  I responded, “Canned or homemade?”  He said, “Yes”, which I didn’t respond to, and then, “Homemade”.  I said, “Greeaat!”


So I made some rice, using chicken broth and boiled some chicken thighs.  Needless to say, Sheila enjoyed her cup of rice mixed with some shredded chicken that night.  She inhaled it.  But, the next day, her stomach still was not back to normal.  The vet had said it would take a few days.  I don’t think Sheila is counting though.  She’s looking forward to each meal now.  I can just see her harness getting tighter, although the vet said that Sheila might lose a little weight on the chicken and rice diet.  I don’t think so.  She likes it too much.  We’ll give it another day or so.

Our tree on December 10 - it was so soft then
Our Christmas tree was so dry.  We took it down on the day after Christmas.  Of course, it had been up since December 10, which was really too early, unless it was artificial.  My niece told me that she put her tree up on the day after Thanksgiving.  Even for an artificial tree, that’s too early for me.

Charlie will be taking the outside lights down tomorrow and putting everything away.  Our neighbors have already undecorated.  You’d never even know that Christmas was just last weekend......Happy New Year!

More later................

No comments:

Post a Comment