Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fit as a fiddle


Taz was very restless last night, but finally settled in. He did eat and drink reasonably well. It's good to see that he's alert again. Sunday night he didn't respond to any sounds.

He has had breakfast and is wandering around the house, checking everything to make sure it is up to his standards.

When Taz was younger he would lay on my chest and I rubbed his face and head. It must have felt good because he would just push hard against my hands. I used to think he had sinus problems and when I told the vet one time that I thought Taz might have a headache, he looked at me like I was nuts! Well, people have headaches, why not cats?

Sometime later we discovered that Taz had a gum problem. We had never had his teeth cleaned, but when he was about 3 years old we did. The vet asked if we'd had any of his teeth pulled and we said no. But, he was missing a couple of teeth. By the second cleaning, he had to have two abcessed teeth pulled. We had no idea how sore his mouth must have been. He was eating and everything. But, he did like the sides of his face and around his mouth rubbed. After those teeth were pulled, I noticed that he seemed to feel much better.

He still likes his face and head rubbed though!

More later........

2 comments:

  1. Taz sounds like he has been through alot and still keeps control of everybody. What a remarkable cat. Wish I could pet him.

    ReplyDelete