Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The faithful heart sees its commitments not as millstones, but as anchors........

This is Taz when he was about 3 months old.
It's one of my favorite pictures of him.


We were hoping that Taz would do well on this latest dose of chemo that he had last week. Up until yesterday, he seemed fine and normal. He was active and eating well.

It was one of our hottest days yesterday. Taz wasn't interested in eating at all during the day. He ate some in the morning, but that was it.

When we gave his pill at 6:00pm, we also gave him a Cerenia in case he was nauseous. Later, he still was not interested in eating.


At bedtime, I took him up to his room and decided to stay with him to monitor. He curled up in his bed. Later, as I was lying on the day bed, I patted my chest to see if he wanted to come up and let me rub his face and head. He showed no interest, so I knew he was not feeling well.


As far as I know he did not eat during the night. I was up early and went downstairs. At 7:00am we gave him a Mirtazapine to stimulate his appetite. That's been several hours and he's still not eating.


We called VSH and talked to one of Dr. Phillips' techs, Paula. She said she would pass the info on to Dr. Phillips. In the meantime, there's not really much we can do. Taz has an appointment next Monday for an exam, but he's not due for an ultrasound. Not sure if Dr. Phillips will want to see him sooner.


More later......

No comments:

Post a Comment