Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The paint fumes got to me.........

This is My World.

I have been painting my computer room this past week. I'm almost done.

Yesterday, I painted a wall and wasn't sure if I was going to have enough paint. I didn't really want to have to buy more, not even a quart. But, even with using the brush, which doesn't absorb as much as the roller, I painstakingly got every bit of paint out of the can. I still didn't have quite enough to finish. All that was left was a small 1x3 ft. area.

So, I went to Home Depot and bought a can of the sample paint for $3.00. It didn't come in the eggshell finish, just flat, but I figured it would be okay since it would be the wall behind my computer desk. Only I will know that it doesn't have that nice eggshell sheen to it.

I finished and only have one wall to go. That wall will be my accent wall, a different color.

Charlie has been playing the World of Warcraft game for several years. He has a couple of friends who he plays with on Tuesday nights......at 9:00 p.m.

The other day (when I was stirring paint), he asked me if I would like to join the group on Tuesday night. I agreed to play for only one hour. One of the other players, Tanis, also plays for an hour. She’s in a different time zone, is working and going to school, so she has to discipline herself.


They had already picked the theme names of “See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil”, so I chose “Be no evil”, except I spelled, "Beano-evil”.

We discussed the fact that my character can have a “pet”. I said “Let's name him ‘Gassy’, or ‘Gas-is-us’, etc. I was making light of it.

I “made” my “toon” last night. She is a ‘Blood Elf’ and actually a pretty one. I picked her hair color, skin color, etc. She is called “Beano”. She was scantily clad when I "made" her. Then Charlie had to "level" her up to a 10 so she would be like the others. When I saw her again, he had fully suited her up.


Charlie’s character “Shevils” is a Goblin:
Erik and Tanis’s characters are Trolls:

We're all hunters.

I decided to practice a little with my character before we played. When I actually saw my pet, I decided to name him “Sammy” because of his ‘salmon’ color. He is a dragon hawk. I became attached right away to Beano and Sammy.

"Sammy"

At 9:00 pm when Erik and Tanis came online, I was ready. We couldn’t get the audio microphone working. We could hear them, but they couldn’t hear us. And then, when we got ready to play, “Hearnoevil”(Shevils Charlie) wasn’t in the right place to play! I, “Beanoevil”, had to run with the other “Evils”. Of course, I just pushed the keys that “Hearnoevil” (Charlie) was telling me to push, and we did okay. I think I only “died” six or seven times. No big deal.

Then, they tried to get some other characters up and running. Apparently, “Beano” was in a location that was hard to get everyone to meet at. They were all in the queue to get there. It was suddenly 10:00 pm and time for me to leave the game. Tanis was going to leave soon too. Charlie and Erik were on their own.

Charlie played my character, “Beano” and “she” did very well. I won’t go into the battle because I do not understand any of this myself. As O’Reilly would say, “I’m a simple (wo)man”.

I have played World of Warcraft (WOW) before, but it’s been awhile. I am amazed at how hard it is to get those characters turned around and going in the right direction. When I first started playing, Charlie’s character, I forgot his name, and my character, “Chaitee”, went out and killed things. I was so uncoordinated! But, it was fun and I can see how people who play this game get so addicted to it.......yes, addicted:
Don't believe me? This guy is a Blood Elf wannabe. He's one of the "tamer" ones I found.

If I could sit and play for hours and not worry about how stiff I would be in the morning, then halleleula, I would find something almost as good as a hollodeck! But, it hasn’t happened yet and until it does, I will not really have to learn how to fight the dragons, bobcats, and other animals that make me go ........WOW!

The game is good, clean fun and I will commit myself to playing an hour each Tuesday. I will fight the urge to get addicted though. It is an escape of sorts, but my favorite escape is sitting with a cat on my lap and one or two beside me, a dog at my feet, a glass of wine, reading a book or magazine or “shopping”, turning down pages, in one of my many junk mail catalogues. Now that’s entertainment!

More later..........

1 comment: