Sunday, January 9, 2011

Forget chicken soup---kittens are good for the soul.

Jonesie continues to entertain us. If I am sitting on the couch and he is sound asleep, I can get up and go into another room. He usually wakes up and realizes that I have left the room and then he starts looking for me. When I turn around, there he is. He reminds us of the little scary toy clown in that USPS commercial. If you haven’t seen it, it goes like this:

The mailman walks up on the porch. The family is standing outside their door looking in. He says, “What’s going on?”
The man says, “We ordered a toy online and we have to get it out of our house.”

The mailman looks in the house and the toy, a little clownish looking doll, is standing in the middle of the livingroom.

Mailman: “No problem. Just return it in one of our flat rate boxes. If it fits, it ships and I pick it up for free.”

Man: “Good, because we have to get it out of there.”


Mailman: “Oh, come on, it’s not that bad.......yikes!” (EEK, EEK, EEK) They look down and the toy has moved to just inside the door.















Mailman: “Yeah, it’s gotta go.”

Jonesie isn’t scary and we definitely don’t need to get him out of our house, but, he does have the knack of just appearing. If I go into the garage, or in the bathroom, when I open the door, he is sitting there waiting for me.

During the day, the cats find places to sleep. I usually make sure I do a head count when the house gets too quiet. If I can’t find Jonesie, I say “Where’s Jonesie?” He comes out from wherever he was and sits in front of me. He’s so little and we're glad that he comes to us when we are looking for him.

When we were taking the Christmas tree down, he was playing with all of the tissue paper that we wrap the ornaments in. He was just having a ball.

He plays well with Jason and Kaci too. Jonesie is Jason's little friend who will play chase with him. He has always tried to play with Jezibel, but the final results are never good. Jezibel runs screaming, hissing and growling through the house with Jason in tow. Then we have to step in and separate them. Jason usually runs off, but the minute he gets a chance again, he goes after her. To him it’s a game. To Jezibel it’s an insult and I’m sure she would take out a contract on Jason if she had the money.

Jonesie has discovered the fireplace and stretches out on the blanket when we have a fire, which has been every night since our weather has been colder.

The twins and Jonesie

The headboard of our bed has little cubby holes for books, etc. I put a blanket in the center one behind our pillows. That’s where Jonesie sleeps at night. Sometimes I wake up and feel to see if he’s in there. In the dim light, I see his little face. His eyes are open and the minute I look at him, he starts to purr. Is this kitten too good to be true, or what?
Jonesie's bed

Jonesie and Jason get into wrestling matches. Jason is about 3 times the size of Jonesie, but Jonesie holds his own. I watch them to make sure it doesn’t get too rough. Jonesie has no qualms about jumping on Jason. He doesn’t back down. Hopefully we won’t have problems when he gets older.

I don’t think Jonesie just “showed up”. I think he was meant to be with me and help get me through missing Taz the way I do. Jonesie is never far from me. He is sitting in my lap right now and I’m loving it..........


That’s all for now.


2 comments:

  1. Don't you wish Jonesie would stay a kitten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. He's going to be big before we know it so we are really enjoying him. He's just the right size to carry around. I think he's getting darker, and his markings are getting more pronounced. He's a little angel and Taz couldn't have picked a sweeter one to send me.

    ReplyDelete