Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cats love to sleep softly--Theocritus

My back is feeling much better. I took some time off from walking and I think that combined with the physical therapy, it has helped.

Last week when I was with Mike, my physical therapist, I was starting to feel better. He agreed that not walking for a few days seemed to help. He evaluated my strength on both sides and determined that my right side was weaker than my left side. The pain is on my left side. Somehow I am shifting everything to my left side and overworking that side.

He showed me exercises to do that would strengthen the right side, as well as work the left side. I will go back to see him tomorrow and see how I feel when he starts twisting me into a pretzel.

I decided to not see my doctor right now since my problem might be getting better. We’ll see.

It’s been almost two weeks since I went to the dermatologist about the rash under my arms. I’ve been using the cream and powder and the rash is almost gone. It doesn’t itch anymore. I will see the dermatologist on Tuesday to see if she got any results from the skin she scraped.

I also went to the dentist about my sensitive teeth. The X-rays didn’t show anything wrong with my root canal, but he thinks that I may have a reaction to medal in one of my crowns. He couldn’t find an infection.

I am seeing him again on Wednesday. He is going to do some bonding and buildup near the gumline of a couple of teeth which showed abrasion from brushing. I’ve had that done before. The enamel wears away and exposes the root and when something cold hits....OUCH. He’s also going to adjust my bite on the right side.

****************************************************************************


Miss Willie

We have had a little house guest for a couple of weeks now. Her name is “Willie”. She has been with us before. She is a little cat who belongs to the sister of someone I know from work. We actually met her last year.

Last year, Willie’s mom was going to be out of town for a few weeks and couldn’t find anyone to take care of Willie. Charlie and I volunteered to have Willie come and stay with us. She came just after Thanksgiving and stayed until the middle of January.

In that time, Willie got to know our house, our cats and our dog. She was following me around the house, watched me while I sorted laundry, sat on my lap at night when I watched TV, and was just always nearby. I think she was beginning to think that she was here to stay. It would have been fine, but of course, her mom wanted her back.

In January she was reunited with her family, but we stayed in touch. We made it clear that Willie was always welcome to come here and stay anytime.

So we were happy when I received a call from Willie’s mom, asking if we could put Willie up for about three weeks while they were out of town. We said fine.

Willie hasn’t changed one bit. She is still the calm little cat she was last year. It hasn’t yet been two weeks since she came. We are keeping her in “her” room for the most part. Our cats camped outside her door for the first day or so. Sometimes when the door was opened they ran in to investigate and see who was in that room. There was the usual hissing, but no one really came to blows. The intruders were ushered out and Willie was left alone.

Last night when I went to check on Willie, she was at the door, obviously beginning to get “cabin fever”. I usually pick her up and carry her around the house for a few minutes until she gets tired of it and wants down. This time, since most of our cats were hanging out in the garage, like they like to do, I left Willie’s door open. Pretty soon she was downstairs snooping around the family room.

Soon she settled down and dozed nearby. All was well until Rhody decided to see if she was interested in playing or just in spending some time with him. That was it. She hissed at Rhody. We didn’t want it to escalate so Willie was back in her room in no time.

Of course, Rhody was not trying to fight with her at all. We’ve never seen him get agitated or angry. He’s young, about six months old now, and he just thinks everyone should just love him. He’s all peace and harmony.

But, he has no qualms about leaping right in the middle of a sleeping cat in hopes of getting a good wrestling match going. Nothing like being awakened in the middle of the night by two cats wrestling at your feet. Jonesie used to do that to the twins and now Rhody does it to Jonesie. Turn about is fair play.

Willie goes home on the 12th, but I’m sure we’ll be seeing her again.

More later.........

No comments:

Post a Comment