Saturday, April 28, 2012

“When my cats aren't happy, I'm not happy. Not because I care about their mood but because I know they're just sitting there thinking up ways to get even.” -- Percy Bysshe Shelley

Mr. Creme’s legs have improved.  He has more energy and is walking better.  This morning I went out the side door of the  garage to put some newspapers in the recycle bin.  I heard the jingle of bells on a cat collar.  I knew it was Mr. Creme running to get back into the garage before I closed the door.  I stood and waited, but not for long.  Mr. Creme appeared and wanted in.  He is getting around very well and has only been on the Zobaline B12 pills for a few days.  He has more energy it seems.

He still doesn't like to take the pills though.  He gets mad at me.  Since he doesn't like the pill pockets, I tried wrapping the pill in a small piece of cheese.  He loves cheese, but he was suspicious and wouldn’t eat it.  I tried pushing it down his throat.  He wouldn't swallow it and he kept it in his mouth.  It got all icky and he spit it out.  I tried again and he swallowed it.   

I have a “pill popper" which I used to use all the time when I had to give one of the cats a pill.  It looks like a long syringe, all plastic with a soft rubber tip that the pill fits into.  It reaches to the back of the throat so the pill is past the tongue and it usually goes down easily.  That would be my last resort.  So far, he's getting a pill each day.


I’m just happy to see that the B12 seems to be helping him.

Later-- 








No comments:

Post a Comment